Glasgow, Scotland Climate & Temperature
- Glasgow, Scotland, Uk is at 55°52'N, 4°24'W, 6 m (20 ft). See map.
- Glasgow, Scotland has a marine west coast climate that is mild with no dry season, warm summers. Heavy precipitation occurs during mild winters which are dominated by mid-latitude cyclones. Seasonality is moderate (Köppen-Geiger classification: Cfb).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Glasgow, Scotland is situated in or near the cool temperate wet forest biome.
- The mean annual temperature is 8.9 degrees Celsius (48.1 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 12 °C (21.6°F). This indicates that the continentality type is oceanic, subtype truly oceanic.
- In the winter time records indicate temperatures by day reach 6.3°C (43.4°F) on average falling to 1.3°C (34.4°F) overnight.
- In spring time temperatures climb reaching 12°C (53.6°F) generally in the afternoon with overnight lows of 4°C (39.2°F).
- During summer average high temperatures are 18.7°C (65.6°F) and average low temperatures are 10.3°C (50.6°F).
- Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 12.7°C (54.8°F) during the day and lows of 6°C (42.8°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 1109 mm (43.7 inches) which is equivalent to 1109 Litres/m² (27.2 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 1243 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- If you were to burrow down through the Earth from Glasgow, Scotland you would come out nearest to the climate station at Macquarie Island, Australia where you would find a Tundra climate.
Rio de Janeiro,
Climate of Glasgow, Scotland, Uk Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below:
Topic: Climate of Glasgow, Scotland, Uk
Page 1 of 1
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Stornoway, Outer Hebridies, Uk - 285.6 kms (177.5 miles) NNW
- Tiree, Uk - 169 kms (105 miles) WNW
- Malin Head, Ireland - 192.4 kms (119.6 miles) WSW
- Ballykelly, Northern Ireland, Uk - 187.4 kms (116.4 miles) WSW
- Belfast-Aldergrove, Uk - 176.9 kms (109.9 miles) SW
- Belfast, Northern Ireland, Uk - 177.6 kms (110.4 miles) SW
- Clones, Ireland - 257.2 kms (159.8 miles) SW
- Collooney, Sligo, Ireland - 318.8 kms (198.1 miles) SW
- Douglas, Isle Of Man, Uk - 189.1 kms (117.5 miles) S
- Dublin, Ireland - 295.6 kms (183.7 miles) SSW
- Valley, Uk - 290.8 kms (180.7 miles) S
- Kinloss, Uk - 204.3 kms (126.9 miles) NNE
- Aberdeen, Scotland, Uk - 199.1 kms (123.7 miles) NE
- Dalwhinnie, Scotland, Uk - 119.1 kms (74 miles) N
- Edinburgh, Scotland, Uk - 64 kms (39.8 miles) ENE
- Eskdalemuir, Scotland, Uk - 97.1 kms (60.3 miles) SE
- Tynemouth, England, Uk - 210.6 kms (130.8 miles) ESE
- Leeming, Uk - 252.5 kms (156.9 miles) SE
- Manchester, England, Uk - 305.7 kms (190 miles) SSE